Opendedup Develops SDFS, a clustered file-system that does global inline deduplication.
The main features of SDFS are:
- Reduced Storage Utilization - SDFS Deduplication can reduce storage utilization by up to 90%-95%
- Scalability - SDFS can dedup huge amounts of data and loadbalance across up to 126 independent nodes
- High Availabiltiy - All block data can is replicated across up to 7 Block Storage nodes
- Replication - Efficient deduplication aware replication
- VMWare support - Work with vms - can dedup at 4k block sized. This is required to dedup Virtual Machines effectively
- Flexible storage - deduplicated data can be stored locally, on the network across multiple nodes, or in the cloud.
- Global Inline Deduplication - SDFS shares unique data between volumes in real time.
- Unlimited File and Folder Snapshot support - Support for file or folder level snapshots.
- Standalone or Clustered Configuration